? XBox Live for original XBox

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mateus, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mateus macrumors member

mateus

About 6 months ago I got an original XBox (in a clearance sale, brand new with Halo 2, PGR2, Forza & Fable for £50). :)

Anyway, can anyone tell me if XBox Live still works on the original XBox? I've read on some sites that it's been closed down but the MS site suggests otherwise. :confused:

If it is still up & running, does anyone think it's even worth it for the old XBox? I'm not a serious gamer but I would like to play Halo 2 & PGR 2 online.

Cheers

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It will work, friends of mine who are still without 360s are playing games all the time.

Is it worth it? Depends. There are still a lot of Halo 2 players, though of those gamers most of the people on my list have moved to Halo 3. Never played PGR, Forza or Fable, so I don't know if they're Xbox Live-capable, but who knows?

At any rate, if you'd like, you can get a 3-month card or something, and if you don't like it after three months, chuck the account and it's all good.

3. mateus thread starter macrumors member

mateus

Thanks Mackilroy, I'll see if I can find a cheap 3m card. In the last 6 months I've collected a whole load of Live games (as old XBox games at only a fiver on eBay). :)