Xbox Live Gold Card Not Working - Confusion About Windows Live ID

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by barr08, Dec 9, 2008.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Hey all,

I just bought an xbox live 12+1 month subscription card off of amazon (link), and when I go to register it, it gives me "status code: 8015d080" and some generic error message. I googled it, but got almost no response. My best guess is that Amazon forgot to activate the card, but I am really not sure.

My 360's Internet has been working fine otherwise.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Looks like you'll be giving Amazon or MS a call soon.

Bless

3. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

I don't see this going smoothly - it might be hard to get them to exchange for a card that already has the code exposed...

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Where are you trying to enter the code ?

I had a similar issue once, make sure your in the account management, and then memberships section. Then click to change membership and then redeem code....

5. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yup, that's exactly where I am.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ eeeps... then yep it's time to get onto amazon i'm afraid. :(

7. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Contacted microsoft - I guess my account was corrupted or something. I could barely understand the dude on the other end, so I am just paraphrasing.

Now I am waiting on them to repair it, and they are supposed to contact me within 24 hours. Is anyone familiar with this process?

Edit: OK, this is getting confusing and frustrating.

I got an email from MS saying the email address I sent them doesn't exist in their system, but provided no more useful information (as far as I can tell). They said maybe my account was deleted because of inactivity - but I can still log on to my gamertag on my 360...

Could someone please explain to me how the relationship between gamertag and windows live ID works? I want to retain my gamertag and I guess add it to a new (?) windows live account. I am very confused as to why this is so complicated, and why they can't just help me and get it over with...

Edit 2: Here is the email text, I edited my name for both privacy concerns and comedic value -

Edit 3: After spending too much time on the phone with MS, I just made a new gamertag.

8. vivarey macrumors member

Hey Barr08, my brother is having the exact same problem with his Xbox Live account. The only we could think of is that he recently used a 48-hour free trial of Xbox Live Gold. Did you by any chance?

9. connoranderson3 macrumors newbie

THATS THE SAME THING I DID AND I GOT THE SAME ERROR! how did you fix it? mines still going on.

10. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

I wish I could help you, but I just ended up making a new gamertag. If you don't mind wiping out your existing tag, then this solution is your best bet.

Don't even try to have MS support help you - they won't.

11. Kagdra Omen macrumors newbie

xbox live is sukkin

Ian, i was searching the reason behind all of the xbox live BS. and here is what i came up with, Because of the New Xbox Live Experience you can no longer use 48hr gold free trials. and some codes on different cards wont work either! I am an xbox live freak i love playing on-line i actually am pretty much always on-line so my account isn't deleted from inactivity, neither are the several of my Friends and we all are having the same problem! i have used 4 different 48hr codes Ive gone through every different way of trying to put it on there and it wont work i think Microsoft decided to make them all invalid because people will end up using 6 or 7 of them at the same time so they don't have to buy anymore months. Some websites were giving them out for free and Microsoft i think was getting pissed because everyone was exploiting this fault! so they made it so 48hr don't work anymore after you download the new experience and you have to in order to play on live! i have no clue why your 12+1 card isn't working but maybe you can try and get your money back and buy one from a store instead of on-line. even if your live account has been inactive and they deleted your account you should be able to re-register as that account name again and still keep all your achievements, Friends, etc. my account probably got canceled at one point in time because it was inactive for over a year and i can still play on live! maybe if you transfer your account from your xbox to someone else then try putting in the code see if that works, then you can transfer your profile back to your xbox. that's what i did and it seemed to work. its worth a shot and if it doesn't work you can always talk to Achmed at xboxlive support again!!

Kagdra Omen signing off.