xbox live with a mac router

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by adrionic, Nov 16, 2008.

1. adrionic macrumors newbie

Okay just to start off, I don't know that much about computers at all. So if I don't make any sense, I'm sorry.

The problem I have is that I want to connect to xbox live, but I have a mac computer. I tried hooking it up to the modem that is made by Motorola. (I also have Comcast high speed internet)

When i tried to connect to xbox live, it said my IP address failed. So i assumed the modem didn't work, so I tried my router with it. I have one of those white, roundish, dome looking mac routers. It still said the same thing when I tried that.

Now I'm completely stuck on what i should do.

I would also like to know if I would be able to get onto xbox live from 2 floors under where my modem, router and computer are.

I have wireless internet, so would I just need a wireless adapter or something?

Anyone who can answer my questions would be the biggest help.

Thanks.

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yes in order to get a wireless signal with an XBOX, you need a wireless adapter. I would assume you have a 360, in which case you can view a list of possible sellers here. Good Luck.

3. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

Be advised, however, that the OEM Xbox 360 wireless adapter does NOT support WPA2 security. Major bummer, that. It's a greyed-out option, but their official word is that they don't support and have no plans to. Personally, I have a theory that they're waiting for 802.11N to be finalized before making changes, but that's just a theory.