xbox netflix streaming and comcast cap

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by tim2006, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

I have comcast and they have a 250 gig per month cap. I have been streaming netflix in hd. How much streaming can I do of movies without going over the limit? I don't intend on streaming too much but read that if you go over they terminate your internet.

2. tim2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

is there a program that I can use to monitor my netflix streaming usage?

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I use Netflix from my TiVOHD as well as computers and I have never had any issues with comcast and their alleged "cap". The cap is there so they have a reason to terminate abusers, you have nothing to worry about.

Watch some movies instead of spending time wondering about this topic.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

If you have a certain kind of Linksys router, you can put custom firmware on it that'll track your usage. Try searching for "Tomato firmware"

That said, I just got done logging a month's worth of Netflix-heavy internet usage, and I came out at 100GB. I think that unless you are watching lots of stuff every day, in addition to downloading Linux distros in your spare time, you should be good. :)

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Hehe, yeah, I think it would be hard if not impossible to reach the cap just through Netflix streaming (and besides, they have very little HD content so far :(... I hope they get season 4 of Heroes in HD streaming like they did with the first three, since FOX had to go and put 24 in the same time slot, or vice versa).