XBOX One and Macbook

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ZeRoLiMiT, Dec 23, 2013.

1. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

How do you guys stream movies to xbox one I can't figure out a way. I found a app called soft play but its a hit and miss. Any ideas?

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I don't think the xbox One supports DLNA streaming.

3. Pyromonkey83 macrumors 6502

As JOSE891 said, Xbox One currently doesn't support DLNA at this time. The speculation is that it is due to the DRM removal for people going nuts over the one game one console deal. This is a feature expected later on (it would be outrageous to have a "media console" as Microsoft is marketing it with no way to access local media...) but as of now you are out of luck!

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

I use an application called Playback in order to play video on my Xbox 360, but I don't see anything on their site about Xbox One support, one way or the other.

http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/

5. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Only way I know of at the moment is streaming from windows media centre on a PC. As others have said, an app should eventually come from Microsoft but there are none yet.

6. fabianpimminger macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm the developer of a mac app called SofaPlay that enables the "play to"-functionality known from windows for mac users. Do you mean this app?

If i can help you with the setup, just let me know.

7. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

I couldn't believe this, so I went at looked online. While I still can't believe it, sadly it is true. I am perplexed at how they could have a vision of the unified media experience and then leave out the most basic media experience there is (ok aside from physically sticking a disc in it).

Unbelievable....

I should note that the PS4 also is missing this (now-a-days) basic feature, but it was not pushed as the "one device to rule them all". So if it wants to just be a gaming console I am totally cool with.

8. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Both Microsoft and Sony have said that DLNA support will be added through firmware updates. They are concentrating on the launch of the console and games. It also gives them both time to push both their own video stores. Apps that were on both the previous generation consoles are suppose to be added slowly as well.

9. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

Typical modern gaming console strategy. Why make a complete product, when you can sell a partially complete project now and just offer a patch later....maybe even charge for it....