XBox One Holiday 2016 & Winter 2017 Releases

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gkarris, Oct 11, 2016.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

2. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The real answer to No Mans Sky is Star Citizen. I don't have the proper set up for this and obviously it's for PC only. But it looks absolutely stunning on levels the PS4/XBOX can not handle. The lead developer stated Star Citizen is and was intended for PC only.

4. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Star Citizen has a lot of mission components and MMO and is really quite different - plus the incredible amount of detail, design, and artwork put into the game costs big money and requires a cash-paying ecosystem to continue to be developed.

A game such as Astroneer is more just a download and play game...

The PS4/XBox One can handle Star Citizen - here's a video of a "Console PC" build (price of a current gen console and runs games at console specs) which runs Star Citizen quite well:

I can't see playing Star Citizen on a game controller, though...

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

See, from the many developer videos I have watched regarding Star Citizen, I'm not confident the PS4 could handle a game of this magnitude. The lighting, architecture, all the technical aspects inside the Ship and various planets seems as if it would be an overload for the PS4. Star Citizen makes No Mans Sky look like a looney tune cartoon.

And I read the lead developer for Star Citizen commented on how this game will never be released for the PS4/XBOX One and it was intended strictly as a PC game. Other gamers have also commented this game would be way over powered for the PS4, even if the developers would release this for a console.

But if they did release a game like this for the PS4, I would buy it day one, no matter what the price.

6. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

If a Console PC, with Console specs, can handle it, then a PS4 would be able to - graphically.

As I said, maybe with the expectation of using your own controllers and a keyboard necessary for all the functions, not to mention trying to read all the small text on a screen from the couch far away, and also the lack of RAM for everything compared to a PC, then the PS4 cannot...

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Graphically...maybe... at best. The PS4 will likely lag hard with a game on this level. I'm going to side with the developers and other gamers and disagree with you. I believe a game that offers this much finite detail would not be capable on the PS4. I would suggest to watch videos on the processing power the developers are using to play this game.

And no, I haven't played this title yet. But from the amount of reading I have divulged into, the developers even mentioned they were using custom built PC's to really depict the power this game draws. I encourage you to visit the dozens of developer video's available on this game and listen to what the developers have said. Basically, this game was strictly built for PC specifications, as current Gen consoles would be overwhelmed with the processing power.

I'm not speaking for the PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio.