Xbox stolen with laptop I need help please

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by stheel, Sep 3, 2012.

1. stheel macrumors newbie

I work away from home sometimes. I just had a baby boy so I dropped my wife to her parents. I have to work 200 miles away from home for 2 days a week and this time after coming back from work in my way I picked my wife and baby boy from my in laws. When arrived home at night our bedroom lights were on. Main door was locked I was surprised, just to make my wife feel not scared I said stay on car I need to go somewhere and oh I forgot to switch off the light in our bedroom. I felt like there is someone in the house and I can catch the thief. When I went inside slowly I noticed my back window is broken open wide and it was raining all day and all house is wet.

Someone stole my Xbox an my laptop. We have nothing at house except these two and a tv. It must be hard to take a tv and it is raining. I am gutted because this was a new Xbox I neve had a game console when I was a kid all my life I wanted one and now here I am after saving money so hard and it's gone and my wife laptop which was a marriage gift from my parents. Both are gone. My heart is still in pain.how heartless the thief can be. He can see we have a baby and we hardly have any good furniture at home. May God make this person to loose his sleeps everynight .
    Police came and did nothing and now it is 2 months and no result. I use Internet in library and today I decided to write here and ask of I have the serial number of Xbox I hve thebobs of the console is with me. What uk number I can call and get help and maybe get details?
    Please help, I will appreciate a lot , thank you

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

I really can't help with any UK information for you - but I thought I would reply and tell you that I'm sorry you got your stuff stolen.

Getting things stolen - especially from your house - is the worst. Sorry!

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

From a 1st-time poster, this sounds like the kind of heart breaking story that is aimed to motivate nice forum members to collect money for you... :rolleyes:

Sorry if I am wrong - I don't trust people on the interwebs! ;)

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

There is no service in the UK to track something like an Xbox. There are so many of them around, and also a lot of places that will take in second hand ones. Yours probably got sold to a place like CEX, but I guarantee it will never be tracked down - especially because an Xbox isn't exactly a high value item. The police will only get involved properly when we're talking about thousands of pounds.

Sorry to say, but this is why you need to have contents insurance.

The one other thing you can do in the future is register everything you own at http://www.immobilise.com/

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is a total shame but the pain you feel in your heart over your stolen laptop and XBox should go away once you realize that your wife and baby boy are perfectly safe.

6. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I know exactly how you feel there, I once worked long hours when I was younger just to buy a Sony VAIO. I loved it and unfortunately when I was at work my place was broken into and I had an Xbox (original few years ago) a PS2 and the laptop stolen, back then it was top end with speakers doc and remote but after the house was broken into it didn't feel a home anymore no matter how hard I tried.

The plus side and I hope the op does realise that your family was safe and these items can be replaced even if right now it hurts.

The police should have offered you support numbers for when a crime was committed, it is possible you may receive a letter shortly after I did.

Good luck to you and your family.