XBOX to ps3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Loves2spoon, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I've been with xbox for 5 years now and I think it's time to move on. Everyone tells me that ps3 gamers are more laid back and generally online games are more fun. I used to be really competitive and play MLG and GB online for Gears and COD but lost interest.

Anyone else make the move to the ps3 and not look back? Did you get the move bundle?

I have a 360 60gb pro (jasper unit) hdmi with 6 games and play & charge kit. Wonder how much I can get on craigslist.

2. brentsg macrumors 68030

Why does it need to be one or the other? There's a pretty significant overlap in users so I can't imagine online play being that much different.

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Exactly. Choosing sides in the "Console Warz" is stupid, if I'm being honest. Lots of great games for both consoles, so why not have the opportunity to play them all?

4. Cuddles macrumors newbie

I wouldn't really say he is trying to choose a side.

I used to play XBOX all the time and would play online as well. The little kids were annoying as hell. I remember going to my brother's house and he would be playing PS3 online. They all sounded older and much less assbagery was going on.

Well, my girlfriend eventually bought me a PS3. I haven't touched the XBOX since - unless it was to play Rockband/Guitar Hero. I do still have both consoles, but pretty much got the PS3 and haven't looked back. Granted I lost a lot fun times playing with friends (because everyone and their mother has an XBOX) but I've found quite a few friends that have a PS3, so it eventually balanced out.

The Move doesn't really have many good games out now. This year we might see some good games, but I don't really know. I bought the Move bundle when it came out (seperate from the PS3) and I used it for a week or so.

5. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I, like you had an Xbox for some time and thought it was great (apart from how noisy it was). I got a PS3 for Christmas and the graphics are definately better but I find it so difficult to control. The Xbox controller is just so much more comfortable to use than the PS3 one but I do like the PS3 more and hopefully with time will get use to the PS3 controllers.

Some of the games, however, such as GT5 seem so slow (racing round a track feels like you're going 30MPH whereas the screen says you're going 100MPH+).

I think you'll find the resale value of your Xbox pretty low (I only got £100 for my 120GB Elite) so it's probably worth keeping it and buying the PS3 in addition.

6. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

No, that is exactly what he is trying to do. He has one, and is wondering if he should sell it and get the other. I just don't see why it has to be a "One or the Other" type of thing. If you own both, you never have to worry about missing out on a game.

7. jtmx29 macrumors regular

jtmx29

The online is far superior on the Xbox 360. The PS3 has some good online titles, however, it lacks in cross game voice chat and some other key areas. I would stick with the Xbox unless you want to use it as a BluRay player.

8. Cuddles macrumors newbie

Yup yup. I missed his last sentence. :(

I agree with you.