XBox wireless 360 Controller

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

OK being new to using a 360 controller with my Mac I have what are maybe a few
    silly questions.

1. I have set it all with the wireless dongle and installed the Tattiebogle 0.8 driver software which I believe is better than 0.9.

2. Now when I load a game that uses the 360, sometimes when I press down on the pad things keep moving down until I press down again, does not always do this.

3. Do Need to set anything up via the driver iprefs ?

4. Now what is possibly the real silly one, how do I turn off the controller ?

2. Washac, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

3. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

There are not that many people in the Mac gaming community that have the 360 controller dongle and controller. But as for me I do.:p

It's probably the game not syncing with the controller. iPrefs is a good start. If all else fails, kill the controller by pulling it's heart out. :D

Eventually I stopped using the controller because the responsiveness was too slow for me. Except when in boot-camp playing GTA4.

4. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

5. bmb012 macrumors 6502

Well, I've never had a problem with it (yeah, we're a rare breed, heh). Make sure your batteries are good, and sometimes you need to calibrate the controller real quick by rotating the stick all the way around. I know there were a few games that would mess up until I did that (even if they're natively supported without using the Gamepad Companion).