Xbox-Xbox 360 compatibility questions.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Mr. MacBook, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

I know only some games are compatible, but for a brand new 360 owner, are the patches already installed? They might be like a few updates down, but are they already on the Hard Drive?(im getting premium version)

And how do you play Xbox games with a 360 controller?

And does xbox live work with an xbox 360 live account?

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Since the Xbox and Xbox 360 controller are almost identical, there is no issue there.

Xbox live works on 360, yes.

When you put a regular Xbox game in, it may tell you that you need an update. It will download the current backwards compatibility file, and you are good to go.

3. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Check the games list.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

It's pretty paltry though... a lot of great games haven't made it yet (Otogi 1 & 2, Rallisport Challenge 2) but a lot of BS is on there as compatible (Barbie Horse Adventures? WTF?) :rolleyes:

They've updated the list a few times, but it's been a long time since the last update. I fear they've given up on backwards compatibility at this point in time. :confused:

4. taylorskittles macrumors newbie

need help please respond as fast as you can!!

is Grand Theft auto San Andreas for the XBOX compatible with my XBOX 360??? fast will be greatly appreciated!

5. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

When i put Halo, and i think Midtown Madness 3 in my 360 both loaded an update but the 360 wouldn't run them due to me using a VGA connection. I'm fairly sure they wanted composite or some form of SD connection, i can't remember the details, too long ago :)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My god it's a day of digging up 'really' old threads. But yeah, some backwards compatible games prefer component or composite than VGA