XBOX360 and my AlumMB

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mcguidance, Dec 7, 2008.

1. mcguidance macrumors member

Hey guys, I am finally getting around to start playing my Xbox360 regularly - and I got it about 2 years ago, oops. I have a bunch of questions and need some help from guys that really know what they are doing.

First, I want to connect my Xbox36 to my Aluminum MacBook. I have a wireless network and my Xbox is all the way up in my room, while the router is downstairs. I thought of getting the Xbox360 wireless adapter but it's 100 bucks, and as a graduate student, the budget is tight. I can also run a 100 ft cable across my room, hidden, down the laundry shoot and over to the adjacent computer room. Which is more reliable?

I imagine my first step is to get the Connect360 - which I have, and I am just waiting to set it up. When this is set up (with the network) what will it enable me to do? I imagine I will have access to my entire iTunes library? What about movies I have purchased or backed up on my computer? Will it accept all formats of files? If not, can I convert the files to the accepted formats and then import into iTunes?

Also, what else is there to do on the Xbox360 - I have this amazing machine but don't know what else it can do! I am hoping to really get it going soon with my new computer, my new TV, etc. Any help is appreciated. If I think of more ?'s I will ask, but hopefully you guys can provide some great help like always.

MC

2. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

A cable is more reliable than the wireless piece.

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I will play anything that is in your library that is not copy protected. This included MP3s that you own, and your own ripped DVDs, home movies etc. Much of what you purchase has copy protection though including for instance rentals through iTunes. It won't work with those.

For the later you will need an an AppleTV, or hook your MB directly to the TV with an HDMI cable and adapter.

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

You dont have to use the $100 360 usb thing, there are plenty of cheaper normal wifi solutions. Any wireless reciever that uses ethernet would work.