Xbox360 keeps droping internet connection to Time Capsule (Wired)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Harpy007, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Harpy007 macrumors regular

Hi there,

I seriously need your help with an ongoing issue that's been affecting my time capsule for a few weeks now. First of all, my Xbox360 is connected with a wire to my time capsule and now, it's pretty much impossible to play any games online. In Modern Warfare 2, I get horrible lag and after a game or two, the disconnected from xbox live appears and the only way for me to get back the connection is by unpluging the Time Capsule and restarting the Xbox. This gets me a good connection for 30-45 min and after that, same problem. I don't really know what could be causing this since I also lose connection while playing a single player game that doesn't require any incoming data. Sometimes, I just turn on the console, I see the xbox icon searching for an internet connection and then nothing.

I really need your input on this because everything else connected to my Time Capsule works perfectly (PS3 and Wii wireless and a Powerbook wired). The Powerbook never loses the connection.

I did a lot of search on the web and most problems between the 360 and Time Capsule seems to be wireless related. I did a few suggestions like completly resetting my Time Capsule and downgrading the firmware but nothing seems to be working. I don't understand what could be causing this because I never had any problems with my Xbox and Time capsule for close to 2 years now.

Sorry for the long post, hope you guys can help me! Thanks!

2. Harpy007 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone?

Everything seemed to be working fine for a few days but now I can't get a connection for more than 15 minutes. I don't want to buy the 99$ wireless adapter because my cable connection doesn't work properly.

3. shantastik macrumors newbie

Me too!

I'm having the same problem. I notice the LAG is worse between 7pm-10pm and not as bad after midnight....