Xbox360 to Mac (Help needed)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Biggoran, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Biggoran macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I currently don't have a tv that I can access. So I was wondering if there is any way I could connect my 360 to my Macbook Pro (i7, snowleopard, also has windows seven); through a wire, wifi whatever...

Well thanks anyway...

2. cheeseblock macrumors member

No, i'm 99% sure there's no way. My advice to you is get a cheap TV on craigslist or your local classifieds. I bought a 34" tv that works perfectly for $30 (but it's 10 years old)
    Even if there was a way to hook up your MBP, it would require cables that would cost more and be more hassle than just buying a cheap tv (that would also be much bigger than your screen). Just my opinion though...

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

MacBooks, like 99%of all laptops, do not offer any video in - the video port is one way and is outgoing.

As it has said before, there is no way to accomplish what you want without external hardware that will cost as much as a TV would

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I think the only Mac that offers this functionality is the 27 inch iMacs, and only the later ones at that. This would be an awesome thing to include in all Macs in the future.

5. pdjudd macrumors 601

I doubt that they will ever add such a feature - it requires a second port and the space requirements only make it practical on the iMac - laptop owners of all makers demand video out on their devices - the screen size is simply not optimal and end users prefer the port is used for video out for devices like projectors.

The only reason it is on the 27 inch mac is that the screen size is large enough - the architecture is different from the laptops at any rate. Most manufacturers focus on video out card unless they are tuner cards. That's about the only way that this is going to work and those scenarios aren't in high enough demand.

Laptops are simply not built with this feature in mind and I doubt that this is going to change.

6. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

I don't know if it's still possible, but it used to be possible with one of the EyeTVs. The problems are:

1. there is going to be a delay in the display of the picture.
    2. the EyeTVs cost over $150.

So, as one person put it, it's cheaper getting a cheap TV.

7. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

That delay essentially makes it worthless for gameplay.

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

As was already stated, any solution you might find (like an EyeTV) will be more expensive than just getting a TV (which you could easily find FOR FREE on Craigslist or Freecycle).

9. alukado macrumors member

Yep , just go for a TV , easy and cheap solution .