Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bahamallama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I currently have 3.0 and software upgrade says there are no new versions, Apple.com says so as well but I just downloaded the source code from Apple's site for the Moveme application for the iphone and it says that it was created with a newer version of xcode and some feature may not work correctly.

I'm trying to follow with the tutorial on the apple dev site and sure enough something is not correct. The Project > Set Active SDK > Simulator is not there, under project set active SDK is not there at all.

Also when I try to build and run it as the tutorial says I get an errror.

Any ideas? Is there a newer version somewhere and how do I get it? I had a similar problem yesterday where updates weren't detected and then later they were and I was able to install the version 8 of the sdk for the iphone, I'm wondering if it's a similar thing or am I overlooking something?

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/gettingstarted/docs/creatingiphoneapps.action

Thanks in advance!

D

bahamallama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Nevermind.

A month ago while trying to set mysql for some rails work, I wound up doing an archive and install of the OS which fixed the problem that I was having getting mysql to run and it turns out the shortcut for xcode from the menu bar was pointing to the previous systems folder > developer > xcode.app not the new developer > xcode.app.

I'm slowly getting the hang of this Mac thing!

Actually after 6 months I don't plan on ever going back to Windoze but I just lack the years of knowledge of working with the Apple OS and troubleshooting it and stuff that I have on Windoze.

Thanks for the quick reply and starting the spark of enlightenment to fix it!

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.