Xcode 3.2.5 Documentation problem

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Branskins, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I recently installed 3.2.5 and the iOS and core OS documentation and it worked find when I opened them with the "Developer Documentation" button.

However, recently when I click this button it opens up a window that is blank. All it says in the menu bar is "Developer Documentation" and nothing below it!

Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks!

2. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Assuming you've tried quiting Xcode and rebooting... ;) Perhaps you're documentation set has become corrupt.

The iOS developer documentation is at the following places:

Code:
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/

and

Code:
    /Developer/Documentation/DocSets/

I'm not willing to test this myself because I don't want to download them again, but perhaps this procedure might work:

1. Quit XCode
    2. Delete all the docset in both locations (I have 3 of them in total)
    3. Open XCode
    4. Xcode > Preferences > Documentation
    5. Check and Install Now

I'm thinking (hoping) this will get Xcode to download them again.

3. Branskins, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011

Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

I've done a restart and i followed your instructions and nothing happened :(

This only started happening once I installed 10.6.6. Could that have done something funky?

EDIT:

We seem to be back in business! I opened the documentation from the finder, which opened the organizer, and opened the documentation. It seems to be working again! For now at least...

4. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Glad to hear you're back up. Just for the record, the 10.6.6 update didn't effect my XCode documentation.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I noticed this today. In another window somewhere it should have said something like 700 meg or so of documentation was updating and downloading from Apple. I just happened to catch it as I was flipping through windows looking for my debug window.