Xcode 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by dev724, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dev724 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've searched the forums for this solution and couldn't find the answer. Anyway, I installed Xcode with the installation disk that came with my iMac. It installed Xcode 4.0.2, which is running great. But I can't find the iOS sdks. When I create a new project the only option is Mac Osx, there is not iPhone Os option to select.

I've searched all over Google, my only solution is to download Lion and then download Xcode 4.2 which includes all the iOS sdks and such. Do you guys have any solutions? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out??

Thanks a lot!

2. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

XCode shipped on the Mac install media doesn't have the iOS sdk.

Looking quickly around Apple's developer portal, it does not seem like they offer Snow Leopard versions of XCode anymore, at least I can't find them.

EDIT : nevermind, found it. They still offer 3.2.6 with the iOS 4.3 SDK for Snow Leopard. You just need to be registered (the free account, not the paid one), and you can get it from here once logged on to the ADC : http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20792

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

XCode 4.2 is required for all iPhone/iPad development at this time.

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Only if you want to write apps using iOS 5 specific APIs.