Xcode 4.0?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stewacide, Jul 9, 2011.

1. stewacide macrumors regular

Will Xcode 4.0 from the App Store work in Lion GM or do I need the 4.2beta?

Thanx.

2. jschmitt macrumors member

jschmitt

No, you will need to download XCode 4.1 Developer Preview 7 from the Apple developer site;

Be warned however: Apple is not accepting submissions to the app store from this version of XCode or from Lion at this time.

Presumably, there will be a final version of 4.1 released at the same time as Lion; But until then, I would definitely NOT install Lion if you plan to submit anything to the App Store between now and when Lion is released.

John

3. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I just got this message:

[​IMG]

So, how do I go about updating the app? I'd sure like to continue working on my projects...

4. mrgraff, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

We'll need to pay the $99 to join the Developer Program to update the $4.99 AppStore purchase? :eek: I sure hope there's a free update coming to coincide with the general release of Lion...

5. stewacide thread starter macrumors regular

ditto

6. jschmitt macrumors member

jschmitt

Confirmed; as an iOS Developer you would have access to XCode 4.1 Developer Preview 7, unfortunately no one else does a this moment! Im expecting an update will be available shortly after (if not at) Lion's debut!

John

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

Well technically in order to be running the Lion GM right now, you would already have had to pay the $99 and have access to the proper version of Xcode, so...

8. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

That means you aren't a developer?

9. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

No, I used the word "we'll" to include everyone in the discussion. Developers can go ahead and get that beta, and I'm glad that jschmitt pointed it out to me.

I just hope that anyone else out there who bought Xcode at $4.99 (because it sure beats $12000 for Visual Studio Ultimate) and want to learn Mac/iOS programming but don't wan't to fork out another $99 - won't have to do so once they get to discover that it no longer works under Lion. I'm hoping somebody on these forums knows if an update will coincide with Lion.

10. jschmitt macrumors member

jschmitt

For anyone that doesn't already know ....
    Apple posted the GM Seed for Xcode 4.1 yesterday for download for members of the Mac Developer program;

It is labeled as: Xcode 4.1 GM Seed for Lion Build 4B103
    And Apple is now accepting uploads to the AppStore for Mac/iOS apps through this version of XCode! So you can feel free to begin doing development on a machine that is running Lion GM.

:)

John