xcode 4.1 installation problem on Mac Lion 10.7

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sagarshivam, Oct 19, 2011.

1. sagarshivam macrumors member

Dear All

Recently I started using Mac Lion 10.7 and then downloaded xcode 4.1 from Apple site. Size of file was 2.9 GB
    After installation, when I click xcode.app , error window appears mentioning internal logic error.
    Part of error is "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION (NSInvalidArgumentException) : - [IDECustomToolbar setFullScreenAccessoryView:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0*40081eb60
    UserInfo: (null)"

Further, when I start Dashcode, I am able to run projects only on iPhone simulator and not on the iPad simulator.
    Though iPad simulator does not crash.

Other details are as below (as per the details found in "About This Mac"):

xcode version: 4.1 (4B110)
    Applications:
    xcode :4.1 (516)
    instrument :4.1 (4138)
    dashcode : 3.0.2 (336)

SDKs:

Mac OS X:

iPhone simulator:
    4.3 (8H7)
    iPhone OS:
    4.3 (8H7)

Thanks in advance

Sagar

2. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Try updating to XCode 4.2? You can get it for free from the Mac App Store.

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Two things that sound odd to me:

#1: Xcode 4.1 wasn't a real update. It was just a quick fix for users of MacBook Pros(?) who weren't able to install 4.0. There is, however, a version 4.2, which is the newest version, and probably the one you should be upgrading to. It's available on the Mac App Store.

#2: You can run stuff you made in Dashcode on either of the simulators? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Dashcode was a tool for making widgets for Mac OS X's Dashboard, and the stuff made there shouldn't/wouldn't run on any iOS device or simulator. I'm not totally sure about this, as I've never used Dashcode before.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

4.1 was the first version of Xcode that supported Lion. You're confusing it with 4.1.1.