Xcode 4.3 No Editor message

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by gregd33, Apr 3, 2012.

1. gregd33 macrumors member

Everything was working fine until this afternoon... Now whenever I launch Xcode 4.3 (latest - I always keep it up to date) it am greeted not with the typical 'open project' screen but with a blank editor that displays the 'NO EDITOR' message.

After 3-5 seconds, the spinning wheel of death begins to turn and I have to Force Quit the application.

Being a noob to the whole thing, I am unsure what I did wrong and, more importantly, how to fix everything.

I have deleted Xcode from the applications folder and run some other commands that supposedly uninstall Xcode, reinstalled it but nothing seems to allow me to now get past this error...

Any tips on what I should do next to get back to a working Xcode? Much to learn... time is a-wastin'..

Thanks for any help.

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Try waiting a bit longer. I've noticed that happen too, but it was always just a window that Xcode opened up. The project window is hidden behind that window.

3. gregd33 thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, this is not it...

The CPU % usually reads > 100% which is odd and activity monitor usually shows it as NOT RESPONDING... I waited 15-20 minutes and nothing good came of it.

At times, I was able to move the window and there wasn't any additional Xcode window behind it.

I am just dragging the Xcode application into the trash and reinstalling from the DMG file.

IS there another step I should perform prior to reinstalling? The additional commands I tried don't do anything as the library/developer folders don't exist on this machine since it has not seen any Xcode version prior to 4.3...

Any tips?

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper