XCode 4 downloading issue.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MarioWaster, Apr 4, 2011.

1. MarioWaster macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've recently been desperate to download XCode 4 from the app store, and I don't know if it's my poor connection of 0.5mbps, or if it's a problem with the software or something on my system, but I have consistently received the error "This application could not be downloaded.
    NSInconsistencyException"

It gives no other reason than that, which is confusing in itself, and I'm using the 21.5" iMac which is running Snow Leopard, so surely if anything, it shouldn't be the operating system, because the mac store was made for snow leopard, along with Apple applications.

Any insight that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Suspect it's a connection problem. Is a big download (4.5Gb?) but apart from time had no problem with it. Never seen that particular error.

I believe the app store was actually made for Lion, but released early for use on snowy leopards.

3. MarioWaster thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, its 4.5gb, but large installers like this haven't been an issue normally, i.e downloads outside the app store. yeah, im really confused about it...and it was made for Lion, you're right...can't wait for its release!

if anyone knows anything about this issue, please post it...it would be really appreciated.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Two questions:
    • Did you install the Mac App Store as part of a regular MacOS X update via Software Update?
    • Are you now running MacOS X 10.6.7?

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    it took me a very long time and kept cancelling the d/l
    but this evening - i finally got it.. woopie

6. MarioWaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi MisterMe, yes to both those questions...and the mac I'm using came pre-installed with Snow Leopard, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue or anything as far as I know.

Johnnyturbouk, congratulations! does it work well for you now? so were you getting the same message that I'm getting?