Xcode 8 Beta 4 troubles, How to go back to Beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by arkmannj, Aug 4, 2016.

1. arkmannj, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016

arkmannj macrumors 65832

arkmannj

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone else was having lots of problems with Xcode Beta 4?
    B3 was working reasonably well but B4 seems to have all kinds of problems especially with spritekit.

Of course like a dummy I deleted B3 while i was installing B4, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a working download from Apple's site for Xcode 8 Beta 3 so I can "downgrade". I'm not upset that Beta 4 doesn't seem to be working (it is beta, I expect bugs) but it would be nice to go back to B3 where at least I could get things to compile :)

i am sending feedback to apple about my experience and issues with Beta 4, hopefully my feedback along with others who might have issues will help them troubleshoot/fix the bugs. But until then, I'd recommend anyone be smarter than me and try out Beta 4 before deleting Bete 3 from your computer.

Edit: Thank goodness for TimeMachine, I just rolled back to Beta 3 using that :)
    But I'm still curious if other folks had as much trouble with Beta 4 as I had.

I'm running macOS Sierra (16A270f) [MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)]

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Beta 5 is better, downgrading and putting your head in the sand with betas isn't a smart thing to do really. You should always move forward, reading the release notes so you're prepared for the majority of the bigger issues. This is especially meaningful with Xcode as you literally can't do anything useful with it other than test, so you ultimately have to upgrade to release anyway. Moving incrementally with the versions as they come will make that transition significantly smoother for you in the long run.