Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zodiiac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,

I would like to make a application with xcode that will be able to connect a PS3 Navigation controller with bluetooth to my mac PC.
(actually not program exists for osx that can do it, i can't find anything)

But i have no idea how to use xcode, and cant find some help on google whit my situation.

That will be nice if somebody can help me. :D

Zodiiac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
That nice with the learn book for xcode,
But i just want to manipulate bluetooth.

I will be honest, i have not really much
time to learn complete a new program.

Have somebody experience whit this?
some example or guide will help me a lot

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
In order to get going with Bluetooth you will need to be proficient in C and Objective-C. You will also need good general programming skills: the ability to understand the problem, break it down into subparts and solve; the ability to query, read and understand the documentation; the ability to structure code correctly and more.

This is not a "my first program" type of thing.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green

You may want to read the following thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1264269/

Bluetooth isn't like Lego, where you just snap together predefined pieces with no training. If you don't plan on learning how to program, then the only other option is for someone else to have done the programming already. There's no such thing as "just manipulate bluetooth" that doesn't involve programming. You could use existing programs, if they actually exist and do the right thing. Otherwise someone has to write a program for it.

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA

I will be honest, i have not really much
time to learn complete a new program.

Have somebody experience whit this?
some example or guide will help me a lot

It's a bit like saying in an engineering forum: "I just want to build a 1000' bridge over a giant chasm, but I really am not interested in learning basic structural engineering, could any of you structural engineers just draft up some blueprints for me? I'm not really willing to put in much work or effort at all, and I won't pay you a cent either."

People on this forum are very happy to help others learn how to do this stuff on their own. Other members here have been more than generous with their knowledge and time in helping me understand Mac programming concepts, but I would never expect them to do a project for me, that would be supremely rude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.