Xcode and bootcamp on MacBook air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fSHAD, Nov 10, 2011.

1. fSHAD, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

fSHAD macrumors member

I am planning on buying a new MacBook I like the new MacBook air currently
    I have a 2006 MacBook these are the stuff I will do on a MacBook

Xcode
    Flash builder
    Old version of Photoshop
    Bootcamp windows 7

I think these softwares will work on MBA (MacBook Air MC968LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop)?

Apple

Please advice

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

They all have the ability to run on the Air. But I guess that you want something more powerful.

3. kustardking macrumors regular

Though I agree, if you're moving from an older Macbook as your primary machine, and you've only just outgrown it for your listed software, then the Air will be a "level-up." I would get the i7 and 4GB of RAM.

That said, if you plan to use its 11" screen as your main monitor, then seriously consider the 13" instead. I have an 11" Air (1.8GHz, 4GB RAM) *but* it's a compliment to my iMac (3.4GHz i7, SSD). On the Air, I usually have Flash Builder and Photoshop open, occasionally Illustrator, and then some browser windows and Word or something. This has all the RAM pegged. However, I use those apps without too much intensity since most of my "heavy" assets are on my network, and I don't access it remotely. I can tolerate about 3 hours max Air-time before I need a large screen context. For example, the iPad simuator doesn't fit on the 11" screen.

Then again, you might wait to see if the rumors of a new 15" Macbook Pro revamp prove true.

4. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

They will run fine on the MacBook air, probably better than your current macbook.