Xcode Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Blakeasd, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I believe I am experiencing some sort of iOS simulator or Xcode bug/glitch. I am attempting to draw a cube in OpenGL ES 2. My cube, however keeps coming out as a rectangular prism despite transformations from it to the modelViewProjectionMatrix. After checking through the OpenGL ES docs I find there is nothing wrong with what I'm doing. To test my theory that Xcode is messed up I take a project off the internet of drawing a Cube and run it -- a perfect cube appears on the simulator. I create a new project in Xcode with the EXACT same configuration and fill it with the EXACT same code as the internet example and run it -- a rectangular prism appears on the screen!

Should I reinstall Xcode or the iOS simulator. Could that even be the problem? I don't understand why two projects with the same setup run differently.

If anyone would like to see my project compared to the other project I'd be happy to post the two projects.

Thanks!

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

The other project was also run through Xcode, correct? What makes you think the issue is with Xcode? By downloading another project and seeing it performed differently from yours it seems to guarantee the issue is with your code, not Xcode.

But we can't help you until you actually post your code for us to debug.

3. Blakeasd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, the other project was run through Xcode. I think it may be an Xcode or iOS simulator problem because as a test I took code from the example project and got rid of my code. I also adjusted settings in my Xcode project to match the example project. I still got a rectangular prism though. Could it be possible that my version of Xcode (4.6.3) is creating the project differently from the way the author's version of Xcode (4.?) created the project.?

Anyhow, here is my Xcode project that is drawing a rectangular prism despite having everything done correctly:

https://www.copy.com/s/rk3jIGsIkzM2/Attempting.zip

I sincerely appreciate your response!

Thanks!