Xcode down the road? In the meantime?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darkgremio, Nov 6, 2018.

1. darkgremio macrumors 6502

I am an avid user of Xcode for Swift and C#. Does anyone who share a familiar likeness to. Xcode believe there will be one coming to the iPad eventually. Similar to like a lightweight version.

In the meantime is there any type of IDE on the iPad or syntax identifier app?

Looking mostly something like sublime or notepad+ if there’s no IDE.

Thanks!

2. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

I have Coda on my iPad for web development. But I mainly use it to fix things in an emergency. I don't much enjoy doing a lot of coding on my iPad in general, but Coda is a solid app with a built-in FTP and syntax highlighting for several languages. Not sure if it can do the languages you use but it's worth a search.

I would be surprised if there is no Xcode for iPad at WWDC 2019.

3. brosenz macrumors regular

brosenz

You have Scriptable and JSBox, both are Javascript IDEs, you can do HTML/CSS as well with them

4. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

5. Mathias Denichi macrumors 6502

Mathias Denichi

Your best bet is to either remote into a desktop, or use google cloud computing. You can set up full vms there, but it costs a bit.

If it were python or js I could give you better recommendations.

6. darkgremio thread starter macrumors 6502

That’s what I currently use AWS workspaces. It does the job always like something native though.

7. jozero macrumors 6502

You could use Playgrounds from Apple to continue to code in Swift. It is a REPL. I wish it was integrated somehow with Xcode projects