Xcode Errors - TMX Compression

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by TwinofSian, Oct 23, 2011.

1. TwinofSian macrumors member

heya, I have been getting errors trying to mod a community sourced game named Quexlor. An imported map produced with Tiled produces a crash in the Iphone Simulator, and here's the console error I get:

<truncated>

This in particular:
    So apparently it's having problems with the file .TMX compression??

FYI, .TMX is the header for all the map files in the game, not sure why the file I imported is giving it errors. And yes, the headers and file directories are correct. I triple-checked.

I was running Tiled 6.0, but I just updated to 7.1.

2. TwinofSian thread starter macrumors member

So I also restructured the hierarchy of the Map Levels. The map levels were organized like:

level0.tmx
    level1.tmx
    level2.tmx
    level3.tmx

etc.

When I was getting the .TMX compression error, My structure I had introduced was:
    leveltest.tmx
    level0.tmx
    level1.tmx
    level2.tmx
    etc.

a new test I tried was:
    level0.tmx
    leveltest.tmx
    level1.tmx
    level2.tmx

Upon clicking the "New Game" button during the test-run, Quexlor didnt crash this time, but only the game UI appeared with a black screen. The console gave this insight:

So why the .TMX compression error has gone away, but now it appears though there's a directory issue. Anyone know how to make the file "exist in resources?"

3. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I notice in the error from the console it says the name of the file is "testlevel.tmx", but when you typed the names, you typed "leveltest.tmx". Make sure the name you used in code and the name of the files are the same.

4. TwinofSian, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

TwinofSian thread starter macrumors member

Well, I corrected that. and now I return to my original problem: