XCode failed to install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brainwave89, May 29, 2011.

1. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

I have four-year old Mac Pro running 10.6.7. When I try to install XCode off of my Snow Leopard DVD it ends by saying "The installation failed. The installer could not install the software. The install could not install the software because there was no software found to install".

What can I do say that I can install XCode from my DVD?

Thanks for looking.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What do you mean "my Snow Leopard DVD"? Snow Leopard did not ship with your computer. If you have a retail Snow Leopard distribution DVD, then you should be OK. How did not try to install Xcode and at what stage did the installation fail?

3. brainwave89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you MisterMe.

What do you mean "my Snow Leopard DVD"? - The retail Snow Leopard DVD I purchased at a Apple store.

How did not try to install Xcode and at what stage did the installation fail?
    After inserting the DVD I clicked on Optional Installs > Xcode.mpkg > Continue > Continue > Agree > on the custom install box I have the following checked - Essentials, System Tools, UNIX Dev Support, and Documentation > Continue > Install > Username & Password.

As it was preparing installation it failed with the previously noted declaration.

Many thanks!

4. sfutchko macrumors newbie

Same problem..!!..

any solution to this? I have the same issue?