iPad Pro Xcode for new iPad Pros coming Tuesday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RudySnow, Oct 26, 2018.

1. RudySnow macrumors 6502

RudySnow

I’m calling it. You read it here first! Discuss?

2. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

I use Brackets which is much more lightweight and better for web design. Just another Adobe app I’d like to see fully deployed on iPad. Thus far iPad has been crappy for coding/web designing and I’d like to see that change.

3. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

Keeping fingers crossed for this! It's one thing seriously holding the iPad back at the moment.

4. RudySnow thread starter macrumors 6502

RudySnow

I’m thinking it won’t debut as this event appears to be hardware related, just more of a “Coming in 2019” one-more-thing or something of the sort to really grab more of the development professionals. Would love just a hint of a surprise to come moment.

5. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

If they do, it also better come with mouse support!

6. Mathias Denichi macrumors 6502

Mathias Denichi

7. spacebro Suspended

I think apple will add trackpad and Xcode support to ios. Some of the mac minis might even be A12X with iOS-desktop. Of course if this is true, they will have Xcode for iOS. This is the last step for the iPad pro to be a real pro machine. I wouldn't even be mad if I needed a 2nd iPad to debug or for some reason, still cheaper than a loaded MacBook pro.

8. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

I doubt they will. Why bring it to the iPad when it will reduce or eliminate the need to buy a macOS device too? How does Apple benefit?

9. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

In fairness, Apple wholeheartedly supported Adobe's full deployment of Photoshop on iPad (so much so that they sent Schiller) so they might be more open to it. However, Xcode is a different animal. I'd like to see them come up with a lighter-weight application specifically for iPad.

10. RudySnow thread starter macrumors 6502

RudySnow

This is a very fair point. I suppose, then, this goes back to the old argument when the 12.9 came out in 2015–what is a “Pro” iPad geared towards? If not “Professionals,” I hope Apple cuts the crap and stops calling these “Pro” devices. There’s not a thing I can’t do on a non-pro iPad (other than Pencil support) that I can’t do on a “Pro” model.

I suppose if I folllow what you’re saying, Logic Pro and Final Cut should then be ported over to the “Pro” line, but maybe it’s wishful thinking. I guess iOS 12 isn’t built for that. But, then again, that’s why I surmise these apps could be a ”coming soon” feature on Tuesday—get the Christmas crowd now, get the developers excited for WWDC 2019?

11. gnomeisland macrumors 6502a

I could see it being something more AR related. Maybe even super light-weight/approachable like HyperCard but with calls/extensions to Swift/Xcode.

I think the new iPP could be a killer AR development platform. Right now need a laptop and phone, right? To program and visualize. With the iPP you could do both and Apple has put a lot of weigh behind AR.