Xcode Help needed (simple problem probably.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by evmunro, Feb 28, 2011.

1. evmunro macrumors newbie

Hey guys, this is my very first post, so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

So three probably very simple questions:

I'm making a very simple web browser in Xcode/Interface Builder, with the Webkit.framework and I have three problems:

1) Would it be possible to make a progress bar and link it to the progress of the WebView pane? If so, could I please have some relatively simple instructions explaining how?
    2)And is it possible to make a tabbed page like any other browser, where the user can create/close tabs?
    3)Is it possible for me to have a downloads window? And to have it open when a download starts?

Thanks very much for any help!!!

Everest

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

This is a recurring theme here. Where are you learning how to do this from? A blog I assume? I ask because people seem to be getting the (very) wrong impression about what WebKit is and how to use it.

3. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Yes. Google Chrome and Safari, which are both based around WebKit, both prove that this is possible. But if you could look at the sources of these you'll see none of it is possible without significant development effort.

Basically WebKit just gives you a view within which the user can view web pages and navigate links. Everything else around the web page you must provide, including all its functionality.