Xcode Interface

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Xcode Beginner, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Xcode Beginner macrumors newbie

I just started to learn "Xcode". The "Build and Debug" tool is typically a Hammer and an arrow. However as I am going through my tutorials, I tried to build and debug the code I was writing and all of a sudden there was a error detected in the code. The "build and debug" tool changed to a hammer and a spray can. I corrected the error in the code, the tool did not change back to normal. The build and debug process runs fine even with the tool not looking normal.
    Does anyone know anything about this? Does it matter at all what the tool looks like? It seems to be related to this specific file I am using. If I open a different file, the "build and debug" tool is still the hammer and arrow.
    I will appreciate your help.
    Thank you.

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

The Hammer and Arrow is Build and Run. The Hammer and Spray Can is Build and Debug.

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.19/19.09/MoreonXcode/index.html

The spray can is for killing bugs. :) Get it?

3. Xcode Beginner thread starter macrumors newbie

I figure out the problem. When you click on the "Breakpoints" tool, the "Build and Debug" tool changes to the "hammer and Spray can". When you click on the "Breakpoints" tool again it goes back to the normal look.
    Thank you.

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

The issue is that when you are in debug mode it would change to build and debug rather than build and run. When you hit an error it switched you into debug mode. When you turned off breakpoints you switched back to run mode.

5. Xcode Beginner thread starter macrumors newbie