Xcode keep creating a provisioning profile that I don't need

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by MacMan988, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

iOS code signing has always been annoying to me and the Xcode 5 seems to have taken the annoyance to a whole new level.

It keeps creating a developer provisioning profile for one of my apps (I tested the app with a wildcard app id and the team provisioning profile and released it with a distribution provisioning profile and an app id created for its bundle id). I never created a developer app id for my app.

But now Xcode keeps creating one for this app. If I go to developer portal and delete the provisioning profile, it gets created when I start Xcode.

2. xArtx macrumors 6502a

That's odd... I have about 10 personal programs, and 4 app store apps,
    but nothing in ITC has even been taken care of by Xcode.
    I think this would be a good thing.. if you wanted it set that way.

3. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This would be a good thing if Xcode does it in the right way. I really want to keep my code signing related stuff organised and clean. If Xcode keep doing this for the next month ahead, i will be having a really messed up developer portal by that time

4. xArtx macrumors 6502a

Of course, but if that's happening, hopefully it's a nice new feature on it's way that has just gone wrong in your case,
    because I have always thought we are doing the work that Xcode should be doing when it comes to registering Apps, provisioning, Certs, etc.

Sorry nothing actually helpful to add, but I never heard of this before.