Xcode keeps trying to load library from wrong path when building iPhone app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ajbrehm, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ajbrehm macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone project that uses a framework I added to the frameworks section in Xcode. The path to the framework is given there correctly.

But when I build&run the project, the debugger console tells me that the library could not be loaded and gives a wrong path:

"dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library[...]"

For some reason that I cannot figure out Xcode insists on trying to find the image of the library in /System/Library rather than the framework folder given by me.

How can I fix this? How is it possible to include a framework in a project?

2. nickculbertson macrumors regular

nickculbertson

Is the framework one that came with xcode? Try clicking on the the framework and hitting the info button beside build and run and make sure it's path is the same as you other frameworks. It is possible you just put the framework in the wrong folder. When you add the framework make sure the box is unchecked that saves it to your project.

Nick

3. ajbrehm thread starter macrumors 6502

No, the framework is one that came with an earlier iPhone SDK. The path to the framework is set correctly. But Xcode ignores it and replaced it with the path starting with /System/Library when building the app.

4. lloyddean macrumors 6502a

Just in case it is what you are trying to do - Apple is not allowing custom frameworks to be embedded within iPhone applications.

5. ajbrehm thread starter macrumors 6502

It's an Apple private framework and Apple only doesn't allow use of private frameworks in apps distributed via iTunes.

Let's treat this as a technical question please.

6. lloyddean macrumors 6502a

Please excuse me for trying to both discern the question and render assistance. I'll try not to do it again. Please add me to your ignore list as I wouldn't want to risk offending you again. Have a nice life!