xcode not compiling blank file

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by thekrazykid, Dec 28, 2008.

1. thekrazykid macrumors newbie

ok so im completely new at objective-c and cocoa (i know python and some java) and have never used xcode before. I am reading a tutorial and i just created a blank cocoa application. However when i try to compile it i get 10 errors.. all saying things like "error: CFNetwork/CFNetworkErrors.h: No such file or directory" im guessing this is a cocoa framework in which case it makes no sence that i would get this error.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. toddburch macrumors 6502a

What steps did you follow? Did you go into Xcode, click on File -> New Project? If so, please elaborate. If not, try that.

3. thekrazykid thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i hit File> New Project filled in a name and hit the build and go button and got 10 errors

4. toddburch macrumors 6502a

Do you care to give us any more details, or should we guess?

5. thekrazykid thread starter macrumors newbie

what else do u need to know? i compiled a blank file and got 10 errors all in the form error: CFNetwork/CFNetworkErrors.h: No such file or directory except the CFNetwork/CFNetworkErrors.h switches.. the debugger pops up underneath the line #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> so im guessing that for some reason it cant import the cocoa libraries which doesnt make any sence

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What template were you using for your new project? You don't go right from File > New Project to specifying a name. You have to pick a template and pick Choose first.

7. thekrazykid thread starter macrumors newbie

8. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Without knowing further info, like which Xcode version you're running and which OS, I'd download the latest version from connect.apple.com and reinstall.

9. thekrazykid thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys i uninstalled my version with the perl script and then downloaded and installed the latest version and it worked (actually installed the iphone version)