Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I've searched now and again for websites that are willing to give you the hook up with Objective C and/or XCode. I've found a few miscellaneous tutorials here and there but not necessarily a whole site dedicated to it (or at least semi-dedicated to it). Does anybody know of some good resources for the beginning XCoder to thrive in? A good forum that is being used? I already have the old Cocoa programming book (can't remember the author but it's from Big Nerd Ranch) and found it enjoyable but it's presently quite outdated ase the IDE has changed. I'm just wondering what's out there.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I doubt if there are many sites or books that specifically refer to Xcode yet. The basics are the same regardless of whether you're using Project Builder with Interface Builder, or Xcode with IB.

CocoaDevCentral and Mac Dev Center have some great tutorials, though I don't know if they're suitable for beginners.

You also should try the Usenet newsgroups (comp.sys.mac.programmer.*), they're an excellent asset if you ask specific questions.

I've been considering putting together some basic IB and XCode tutorials for a while, but it's a little time-consuming and I don't know if there's a widespread demand for learning XCode development.

HTH!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Hmph... that's too bad. I've always found forums to be the easiest and quickest way to get assistance with programming problems. Maybe I'll have to fix that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.