Xcode on MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xfs, Jun 30, 2012.

1. xfs macrumors member

Does anyone have any experience on running Xcode on the MBP Retinas?

2. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

What specifically are you curious about? Lots of people have been doing it. Thats how they get the frame rate numbers when scrolling things like Facebook.

3. aprodigy-de macrumors newbie

actually, the rMBPs display, i.e. display resolution options in relation with xcode was my very main reason that i got this neat little machine. when apple moved with xcode from a "mdi" to a "sdi", i wasn't able to use xcode to its full extent on my elderly early 2008 non hi-res mbp anymore. i had to constyntly disable certain ui elements and scrolled myself to death within the code editor.

finally, i have a portable mac doing even 1900x1200 and as far as i'm concerned, what i see looks very very good. furthermore, the fans don't spin up during build-processes anymore, haha, but oh well, the c2d (and its 8600gt) was at 55°c even when being idle. this machine get up to 40°c with what i'm normally doing with it / running on it and the fans stay around 2000rpm.

i need a potable computer now and then but aside from this, my mbp has always been more of a modern couch table lighting to me. i just love the idea of being able to put flashes of intuition right into code, compiling and debugging little sections without having to turn on my big ol' rig. well, no: i just like to have a *full* computer (compared to an ipad / air) around in any situation ;)

4. xfs thread starter macrumors member

I guess my question is more is Xcode Retina ready or is it pixelated?

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

[​IMG]

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1389998&page=2

Looks like it still needs a few tweaks to be 100% retina ready, but I would guess it will be updated pretty quickly.

6. jowie macrumors 6502a

What about using Interface Builder, does it show the @2x graphics as default instead of the non-retina ones?