XCode php and problems with XSL module

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by ezalp, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ezalp, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

ezalp macrumors newbie

In the beginning i would like to inform that im new to mac os x system and its hard to get used to it.

I've tried to setup php symfony environment since i have problems with XSL module.

Few facts :

My config mode from phpinfo()
    My symfony configuration check
    in 'php -m' i get information that xsl is already installed.

Except that i have in both php.ini's removed the '#' from Loadmodule=php_xsl.dll

I had problem with PD_PGSQL.dll extension , but i managed to download via Zend framework the pg_pgsql.so file mv to extension php folder changed it name and it works for now ok.

The 2nd question is how to install the modules for xcode php engine.I have really no idea , tried via PEAR , but no clue.

Additional info from PEAR :

2. rokemaster macrumors newbie

hey i'm new Mac user too

check for macports and Porticus a GUI frontend for macports

is really easy install php5 with all need for work with symfony.

macports download, compile and install for you

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ok, your biggest problem is that you are trying to use .DLL files and you are on a Mac. DLL files are for Windows. You want to always use the .so versions of the files.

Second, you have to compile that XSL module or whatever, which it looks like you aren't. Readd the # to the line in php.ini and and add --with-xsl to the configure command (if you are indeed compiling from source)

At the end of the day, with your experience, you will be better off installing a precompiled version as mentioned by the prior poster.