Xcode problem

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by superscape, Jul 8, 2015.

1. superscape, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

I've suddenly started having a problem with Xcode where I get all sorts of errors flagged up in my code (which has previously worked fine). The code compiles and works fine. I tried reinstalling Xcode but it's no different.

To give an example, if I start a new project, I get the error shown in the screenshot about "not being able to build module Cocoa".

I notice that this only happens if I've selected 10.10 as my deployment target. If I use 10.9 then all is well.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks
    r

Attached Files:

2. briloronmacrumo macrumors 6502

briloronmacrumo

Have you tried deleting the 'DerivedData' folder contents at: /Users/yourUserID/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

For good measure I would do both cleans ( with and without the option key ) on Xcode's Product menu

3. chown33 macrumors 604

If the problem occurs on a new project, then create a new throwaway user account, login to it, create a new Xcode project there, and see if it shows the same problem.

If so, the problem is likely in Xcode itself or one of its components (e.g. the 10.10 SDK).

If the problem doesn't occur with the new user, the problem is likely in a user-specific Xcode file, such as something in ~/Library/Preferences or ~/Library/Application Support.

4. superscape thread starter macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks so much to both of you for your help.