XCode problems or sources to start programming

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by bubulindo, Jul 16, 2010.

1. bubulindo macrumors member

bubulindo

Hello,

I'm quite new in Macs and OSX, but because I enjoy programming and I have experience in both C and VB, plus some knowledge of C++, I decided to take up on programming some apps for a mac and later on maybe jump to iPhone/iPod/iPad platform.

Up until now, I spent about a week trying to find a tutorial to start programming in XCode, but the ones I find seem to be using an earlier version of XCode, not the 3.2.3 that I have and I can't follow the examples.

So far, the point where I get stuck is when, after creating the GUI I try to connect the Actions to the Object created. The windows shown in all tutorials that I found so far don't match the ones I have and I can't find a way anywhere to get the actions connected to object.

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction for this? 'cause I have no idea on when to further look for answers. I tried all sorts of forums, websites and end up where I started. :(

Thanks in advance. :)

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

How outdated are the tutorials you've found so far? If they're for Xcode 2 or earlier, then you're not going to find them very helpful.

3. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

4. xStep macrumors 68000

I'm sure you'll see that action in the Stanford iTunes U published course.

5. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

Download and install a separate instance of the older version of Xcode. Use that for your tutorials.

6. bubulindo thread starter macrumors member

bubulindo

Hi again,

An example is the "Become an XCoder" book from CocoaLabs. Everything goes fine up to the point of creating the connections. Then the screen is a bit different and things stop working.
    One example is that in the Identity window of the newly instantiated class has no Class Actions or Class Outlets space to add.

When I try to drag and drop the objects into the class window, I can get to "delegate" a textField, but nothing works on buttons.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.