Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
I'm trying to move my Project over to subversion. However, that requires that it is moved. So I moved it to a folder in my ~/ directory so that I could svn import it. However I got these errors on my test build
Code:
Membrane/Membrane.h: No such file or directory
(Membrane is this framework)

I also got the same kind of errors with a few of my other frameworks.

I have tried readding the framework into the project but get the same errors.

And ideas?

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
One of the most annoying aspects of Xcode is that it insists on using old/broken search paths for libraries, headers and frameworks instead of the files actually *in* the project folder. Grr!!

Click on the project icon in "Groups & Files" in the project window. Command-i (get info), click on "Build" tab, select "Search Paths" in the Collections menu.

Examine the entries and see if you have any paths pointing to the old project location, if so click on it and click the Minus button "-".

You can also uncheck "Always search user paths" and try that.

Separately:

Did you already import the project to svn, then check it out? Maybe the sym links in the frameworks are FUBAR'd? I use CVS not svn, so I don't know if svn has/needs a wrapper script to handle Mac OS X-specific bits like frameworks.

ATG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
One of the most annoying aspects of Xcode is that it insists on using old/broken search paths for libraries, headers and frameworks instead of the files actually *in* the project folder. Grr!!

Click on the project icon in "Groups & Files" in the project window. Command-i (get info), click on "Build" tab, select "Search Paths" in the Collections menu.

Examine the entries and see if you have any paths pointing to the old project location, if so click on it and click the Minus button "-".

You can also uncheck "Always search user paths" and try that.

Separately:

Did you already import the project to svn, then check it out? Maybe the sym links in the frameworks are FUBAR'd? I use CVS not svn, so I don't know if svn has/needs a wrapper script to handle Mac OS X-specific bits like frameworks.
No, I was just testing that it built OK before I imported. I had a feeling something like this might happen.

Bundles are just folders with package.info or whatever it's called in it so I don't think it would mind anyway (OS would reassemble it). However, this is Xcode :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.