Xcode Project "page based app"

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by alaahershy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. alaahershy macrumors member

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but i have a little problem with xcode. this my second month of learning xcode, and now I'm exploring page based app,I purshased 2 books " iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials-Neil Smyth ,, iOS 5 APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT-Wie Meng Lee"from internet and I coulndn't find an easy or a useful or a working way to make one, if somebody know some good videos tutorials or some very very useful book , please let me know about it, cause know I'm starving to make a page based app, and if someone really care about me, I want to do an example page based app to understand how it works, and a photo on each page if somebody can do this xCode project for me I'll be so thankful. Thanks in Advance.

2. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

If you search on "UIPageViewController" in Xcode it will take you to the class reference. In the header for that class reference, there is a line "Related Sample Code." That shows a clickable link "PhotoScroller". Click that link and Xcode will allow you to open the "PhotoScroller" sample application, which a working example using a page view controller. That is an app with a photo on each page, exactly as you describe.

Alternately, you can create a new project and select the "Page-Based Application" template. The resulting app will be a fully functioning page-based app that uses the page curl style.

Both of those should be good starting points.

3. alaahershy thread starter macrumors member

like ibooks

Thanks for replying, but I 'm looking to scroll images between pages like iBooks, not like scrolling between pages in home screen.
    Thanks in Advance.

4. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

So you want the page curl style. The standard page-based application that you get from the Xcode template gives you that. The photo scroller application gives you scrolling between photos.

You will need to synthesize the 2 examples you have in order to get the behavior you want.

This is very typical of the development process. You often find sample code that illustrates bits and pieces of what you want to do, but not the "whole enchilada."