xCode, table view cells in distance order

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Njor, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Njor macrumors newbie

In my app I am trying to make a table view order it self within distance order from the device! So lets say I have 20 rows in the table, they then go into distance order.

The only problem is, I am quite new to making apps so may need quite a detailed explanation! I have been trying to do this now for ages...

If someone assist what code and what I need to do in Xcode please do! Will be highly appreciated!!

It will be getting the distance from your mobile device
    In the table it will basically be the names of each club... I also have the longitudes and latitudes of each venue... so want the tableview to go into distance order of each club when a user opens it

any help?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What is your understanding of how the rows of a table are sorted and how a tableView interacts with its datasource protocol methods?

3. Njor thread starter macrumors newbie

Ino that you can populate the table view using NSArrays etc but within the project I am working with atm, I setup the project in storyboard with a tableview, changed the tableview type to static and set it up that way... As I prefer using storyboard due to the size of this app!