Xcode: trying apps on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Xylian, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Xylian macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm looking at some iPhone applications' examples within Xcode and I'd like to try them directly on my iPhone: is it possible without being a member of the iPhone Developer Program, thus not having an Apple Certificate? When I try to Build-and-run the application on my device I receive the following message:

Code:
    Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain

Some days ago I've found an application window that allowed me to configure the iPhone used for developing tests but at present time I'm not able to find it anymore.... any idea? Maybe there are some good tutorials that can help me configuring my iPhone for Xcode testing (if possible without an official certificate from Apple..)?

2. ranguvar macrumors 6502

Check out Alex Whittemore's interesting blog. I got an error like "The program being debugged is not being run", but it worked when I hit "Build & Go" two times without modifying my code in between (i.e. first build and go, then reinstall).

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

You can't install on a device without paying unless you Jailbreak.

4. vidreoo macrumors newbie

app lunching

i have a question. it falls along with this post. must you be a apple developer member to launch an app on the itunes store?

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

6. vidreoo macrumors newbie

thanks

apple is making a killing.
    thanks for info.

7. ranguvar macrumors 6502

While you have to be an enrolled member to submit an app to the App Store, you don't have to be enrolled to test the applications on the device. See post #2.

8. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Yes you do, unless you jailbreak your device.