XCode update problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fSHAD, Nov 10, 2011.

1. fSHAD macrumors member

I updated the Xcode but the problem is it started downloading twice ! :(

I am using a FUP applied internet service and this is sad I just finished 3.6 GB of my data !

Are there any other way in which I don't have to use my entire FUP quote similar to .torrent files ? its really easy to download using a P2P service

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

There is no way that I am aware of to get Xcode 4 outside the app store. You should be able to click on and pause any download you don't want from within the app store. So did you get a copy or not? Once you have the app file, you run it to install Xcode 4. It should show up in launchpad or in /Applications but you don't have the development environment until you run the app you got from the app store and it finishes installing.

The install app is under 2 gig so you could have a friend with a better connection put it on usb stick or dvd for you. Btw, you might want to avoid using the t-word when you post here. Discussion of getting software outside of official Apple channels is frowned upon here.

3. fSHAD thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply btw sorry for the t word. As a developer
    I also don't recommend nor promote using t stuff unless it's for personal file sharing. Any way I download the new update ! Tx 4 ur info:)

4. fSHAD thread starter macrumors member

How to burn XCODE into a DVD or a FLASH

I downloaded xcode using appstore but I couldn't find the setup file ?

5. fSHAD thread starter macrumors member

Burn Xcode setup into a DVD

Since I am moving to another MAC book I want to move XCODE The only way I know is downloading xcode again but I am using a FUP applied internet and are there any way in which I can burn xcode on a DVD and install it into my new MBP ?:eek: