Mac Xcode4 .exe

SatyMahajan

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge, MA
Where is; How do I get a .exe file from Xcode?
If you're asking where you can find the executable you generate in Xcode, it's under the Products folder, you should see a file with a .app extension. Right-Click (or Control-click) and select Show in Finder. That's the equivalent to the .exe file in Windows/DOS

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
If you're asking where you can find the executable you generate in Xcode, it's under the Products folder, you should see a file with a .app extension. Right-Click (or Control-click) and select Show in Finder. That's the equivalent to the .exe file in Windows/DOS
Depends on the type of project, you might just see a binary file. If it is an app that you are building, the actual executable will be in (your app).app/Contents/MacOS/(your app)

The actual executable for an app isn't really interesting(for certain apps you can use it to launch multiple copies of the same app), but thats where it is.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I am looking for the executables that Xcode3 produced that runs on the command line in X11. I can't find a products folder or anything call codename.app.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I am looking for the executables that Xcode3 produced that runs on the command line in X11
Ah, right. Those don't have any extension and are found here: {project folder}/Build/{release mode}/ and will have the same name as their associated Xcode target.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
So I googled Xcode app like I should have. My app is here.

/Users/doug/library/developer/Xcode/Deriveddata/opttree-dpzydjbljrzlqybcoxsfwukflasm/build/products/release

Give me break.

Also found out how to put it someplace reasonable.

thanks

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I haven't used Xcode for anything but superficial things for a year or so and had no idea they changed the build path location. I assume that is to make it friendlier to the built in version control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.