Xcoders - 15" Macbook Pro or 13" Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JD92, Apr 23, 2009.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I've been considering upgrading from a Macbook to a 15" Macbook Pro for the last few days and I was wondering if Xcoders think the higher resolution 15" screen would be beneficial over my current 13" screen? I've noticed that Xcode takes up a lot of screen space which made me think that the bigger screen could be a big advantage - especially since this will be used in my programming course at school next year then for first year computer science at uni the year after.

Any opinions?

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

well if you are writing long programs you will need to scroll a lot

3. tozfeekum macrumors member

I'm a comp sci major the extra real estate really helps out. It's much easier on the eyes IMHO.

4. whoulookinfor macrumors newbie

whoulookinfor

x-code on mbp

hola :)

i do a little x-coding, usually referencing external windows containing the data i'm working with, and find the extra screen real-estate to be VERY VALUABLE and can't imagine doing the same thing on a smaller machine !

i've even had this little beast hooked up to my 46" LCD TV on occasion to watch the outputted data-streams .. very very nice indeed :)

now, i MIGHT be able to get away with x-coding on the smaller machine with the external monitor, and then have the small machine benefits for carrying the thing around for other purposes, but that would cut into my flight simulating as well, which simply would not do.

good luck :)

5. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Three words for ya: Screen Real Estate. As stated earlier, the bigger the screen, the better. I have a 17" mbp, and even that can be a bit cramped sometimes when working on larger projects. I would advocate the 15" mbp. Plus, the mbp will play games better:D