iPhone xCon and iOS 7.x

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stlblufan, Jan 8, 2014.

1. stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

Has anyone heard anything from anyone about the possibility that xCon will be updated? The developer has not really responded to anyone on github. This has, by far, been my *must have* tweak (and yes, I have donated). If anyone has any information, I would be grateful. I don't want to miss the window to upgrade my iPhone but I don't want to upgrade unless xCon or an alternative is (or will be) available.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Allows apps like DirecTV, TiVo, Time Warner Streaming apps to run, when they otherwise wouldn't because they detect the jailbreak.

For DirecTV and Tivo, there are solutions to make them work, but for all others I don't know.

4. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Definitely a great tweak! Hope it's coming soon.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I tried the current one and it just crashed my Directv app. I had not used it on previous jailbreaks and was hopeful it would work. Thankfully I found dtvRunner that did what I needed, but I'd love to have the full xCon for iOS 7 eventually if it delivers as advertised!

6. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Faketimewarner works on time warner app, and brighthouse if you make a simple change in ifile.

7. dahauss macrumors regular

Directv fix?

What's the directv fix? I'm on an iPad 3 iOS 7 and I have tried evey fix I could find and the directv app just refuses to go past the jailbreak message.

Please help.....

8. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

For me it's a must have because it is the only way I can get my corporate email on my iPhone, which is basically essential to my job. So until xCon supports iOS7 (and MobileIron), I am stuck on iOS 6, or I lose the jailbreak on iOS 7, which I do not want to do.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I don't know about your setup, but if you install MobileIron to set up the profiles and verify the phone, you can then delete mobileiron afterwards which doesn't delete the profiles, and thus you still have work email.

10. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

Yeah, with my company, that only works for at most one week. They poll MI clients every Friday. No response from the client = no more email.

11. boyscouttechmom macrumors newbie

Xcon 39.7

Go to GitHub--the latest xcon is there and I just installed it. Directv works just fine with my jail broken iOS 7.0.4!:p

12. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I hate even commenting in this thread since the op ignored that this was already an open thread, but does the new 39b7 work on Tivo? Ipad? A7 devices?

13. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

There's another thread on this. Does not work on 64bit yet

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It works on older iPads for DirecTV app (I have iPad 4) but I have not seen a single post confirming 64 bit/A7 support

15. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

Sorry.