iPhone xCon update coming soon?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have TiVo and the app doesn't work because it detects jailbreak. I used to use xCon to hide the jailbreak from Tivo, but seems like version 38 (latest) doesn't work at least not with iOS 7 or the latest Tivo app.

Anyone?

EDIT: I realize that Beta 39 came out almost a year ago but haven't seen any updates.

Last edited:

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
I have TiVo and the app doesn't work because it detects jailbreak. I used to use xCon to hide the jailbreak from Tivo, but seems like version 38 (latest) doesn't work at least not with iOS 7 or the latest Tivo app.

Anyone?

EDIT: I realize that Beta 39 came out almost a year ago but haven't seen any updates.
Email the dev? I doubt any of us will know.

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Seems the dev's repo has an update to the Sky jailbreak detection blocker app. Wonder if he's going to update the xCon app too. hmmm

Comment

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Also them having not updated since last April is a bad sign :-(
I only use it for DirecTV, but there has been no need to update it (with respect to DirecTV since DirecTV has not changed their jailbreak detection since then)

dtvrunner "fixes" the iPhone version 2.3.0 of DirecTV app.
Use Google to find the repo address

Comment

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006
I only use it for DirecTV, but there has been no need to update it (with respect to DirecTV since DirecTV has not changed their jailbreak detection since then)
Problem for me is that xCon crashes my iPhone 5s apps in its current state.

Comment

Danimal1313

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
https://twitter.com/unimp0rtanttech is the developers twitter, if anyone thinks it'd do any good. I'd like to see an update so I can use the DirecTV app again, but it's not a deal breaker to me if I can't.
There's a FLEX patch too for directv that works for the iPhone version. I just wish there was a patch/tweak for the iPad version, tried DTVRunner and it doesn't work for the iPad version. Any thoughts?

Comment

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
try 'tsProtector P' from big boss. It allows me to use DirecTV app.

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hopefully soon. I haven't seen any updates on the blog and the betas stopped updating in may.

Comment

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
try 'tsProtector P' from big boss. It allows me to use DirecTV app.
Does it support the 5s? Not too wild about throwing money at a tweak that may not be (or may not ever be) working on my device, plus, I rarely use the DirecTV app, so it's not really even a big deal not being able to.

Comment

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
xCon update coming soon?

Does it support the 5s? Not too wild about throwing money at a tweak that may not be (or may not ever be) working on my device, plus, I rarely use the DirecTV app, so it's not really even a big deal not being able to.

Not sure about 5s. I'm using plain old 5. Maybe email them?

----------

iPhone or iPad version of DirecTV ?

Both. Got the paid version on my iPhone 5 7.0.4 and iPad 2 6.1.2.

Just confirmed it works on my 5. Disabled DirecTV app gave me the jb not supported message, enabled it and blocked access and app loaded fine.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.