Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
has anyone found something like xcon that works? It's not working on my phone. Thanx

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
has anyone found something like xcon that works? It's not working on my phone. Thanx
You can use Flex 2 to defeat jailbreak protection on some apps. It works for me on Discover.app. There are threads existing on how to do this.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You can use Flex 2 to defeat jailbreak protection on some apps. It works for me on Discover.app. There are threads existing on how to do this.
Discover app? You mean for the credit card?

If so, I'm curious because my 6+ is jailbroken on 8.1.2 and I do not have xCon or anything else installed (to fool jailbreak detection) and the Discover app works just fine. Or at least it doesn't say anything to me about being jailbroken.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX

If so, I'm curious because my 6+ is jailbroken on 8.1.2 and I do not have xCon or anything else installed (to fool jailbreak detection) and the Discover app works just fine. Or at least it doesn't say anything to me about being jailbroken.

Not sure if it still applies to the current version of Discover, but Touch ID would not work (said it could not be enabled) on a jail broken device -- got the patch from flex and now it does work. I know a new version of Discover was pushed some time ago (don't remember when) so it may have also re-enabled Touch ID without the need for the patch.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hmmm…I had that same TouchID error, but that was because the app was wanting me to enter a security code first. Once I did that, TouchID worked fine.

I've only recently (past month or so) downloaded the app so maybe there was some sort of update as you speculate.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013

Try to enable touch ID. It won't let you enable touch ID, and won't tell you anything about why it won't work.

The bottom line is use Flex 2 on the app you are having issues with, the steps are the same for many apps.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Try to enable touch ID. It won't let you enable touch ID, and won't tell you anything about why it won't work.

The bottom line is use Flex 2 on the app you are having issues with, the steps are the same for many apps.

Hmm…I guess I didn't double check the last time. It lets me enable it and tells me it is enabled but when I got back to Login Settings is shows as off.

Fortunately, so far I haven't needed xCon or Flex 2 with this patch. Everything's been working - except now this.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I'm on 8.4 and it still says it still says it can't access on jailbroken device with the app installed

Again, If you let us know what app you are having trouble with, it is more likely that someone will be able to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.