xD reader? List of USB devices that work with MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wordmunger, Aug 13, 2008.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I just realized my xD reader doesn't work in the MBA because of the overhang above the USB port. In fact, quite a few USB devices don't work in the MBA. Does anyone know of a list of devices that work with the MBA?

Also, any suggestions for an MBA-compatible xD reader?

Thanks!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Consider getting a short A - A Male-Female USB extension cable to handle plugging in various devices.

3. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Yeah, I thought of that, but it's not my preferred solution. I already don't like carrying the micro-DVI to VGA adapter and I've resisted getting the modem and ethernet adapters. How many adapters should I have to carry? The whole point of the MBA is to be a minimalist machine, and carrying a whole slew of adapters everywhere kind of defeats the purpose.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

As you said it's a minimalist machine, so why are you trying to connect something to it. You could also say it's a compromise machine.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

WM, go to this page and find the "Lexar Media Single-Slot USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader (Model RW023-001)". One user review states,
    Worth a shot.

Ummm there will be times in every minimalist machine's life where a user needs to get data from an external source. Not connecting anything to the machine just because it is meant to be slim and minimal is stupid.