Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbobass

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi all,

So I'm trying to get Netbeans to connect to Xdebug for a project, but it pinwheels indefinitely when I try to do so...

I have the default line for Xdebug that ships with the MAMP PHP.ini file uncommented:

Code:
zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/xdebug.so"

in the /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.3/conf/php.ini file that the MAMP PHPInfo screen tells me is being loaded.

I have added the

Code:
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000

lines to that same .ini file, as per Netbeans.

Some weirdness that I noticed is that the xdebug.so that the default MAMP php.ini file says exists is not actually there...

I have seperately tried to compile and install the xdebug.so extension from the xdebug site, using the MAMP PHPInfo output in their configuration-generator but have not gotten any luck...

Anyone gotten this to work and / or know where to point in the right direction?

Last edited:

turbobass

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Of course, having just posted about this after several nights of trying to figure it out ... I just did.

Here are some tips for anyone finding this thread in the future:
  • You must use MAMP's PHPInfo to generate the appropriate installation instructions from http://xdebug.org/wizard.php (not your system's, duh!)
  • You must give yourself permissions to access MAMP's own version of phpize and php-config in order to configure the creation of the xdebug.so, otherwise you are going to get permission errors and potentially confuse yourself by using the wrong phpize (which is what I did)...

Phew, it's all working now and was actually fairly easy to do ... annoying, confusing (to me) steps aside. LOL. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.