Xdebug Not Working (MAMP / Netbeans)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by turbobass, Jul 14, 2012.

  1. turbobass, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

    turbobass macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 25, 2010
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #1
    Hi all,

    So I'm trying to get Netbeans to connect to Xdebug for a project, but it pinwheels indefinitely when I try to do so...

    I have the default line for Xdebug that ships with the MAMP PHP.ini file uncommented:

    Code:
    zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/xdebug.so"
    in the /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.3/conf/php.ini file that the MAMP PHPInfo screen tells me is being loaded.

    I have added the

    Code:
    xdebug.remote_enable=on
    xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
    xdebug.remote_host=localhost
    xdebug.remote_port=9000
    
    lines to that same .ini file, as per Netbeans.

    Some weirdness that I noticed is that the xdebug.so that the default MAMP php.ini file says exists is not actually there...

    I have seperately tried to compile and install the xdebug.so extension from the xdebug site, using the MAMP PHPInfo output in their configuration-generator but have not gotten any luck...

    Anyone gotten this to work and / or know where to point in the right direction?
     
  2. turbobass thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 25, 2010
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #2
    Of course, having just posted about this after several nights of trying to figure it out ... I just did.

    Here are some tips for anyone finding this thread in the future:
    • You must use MAMP's PHPInfo to generate the appropriate installation instructions from http://xdebug.org/wizard.php (not your system's, duh!)
    • You must give yourself permissions to access MAMP's own version of phpize and php-config in order to configure the creation of the xdebug.so, otherwise you are going to get permission errors and potentially confuse yourself by using the wrong phpize (which is what I did)...

    Phew, it's all working now and was actually fairly easy to do ... annoying, confusing (to me) steps aside. LOL. ;)
     

Share This Page